Research Area Smart Living
(Quelle: DFKI GmbH/Universität Bremen)
In the research area Ambient Assisted Living, intelligent assistance systems are developed. In the Bremen Ambient Assisted Living Lab, assistance and support systems are being developed and tested. The main focus is on continuing development with regards to safety and reliable cooperation. Particular focus is placed on interaction between the user and the machine (human computer interaction).
Our expertise includes the modelling and designing of intelligent environments, design methods for safe and secure assistance systems with semantic foundations (activity and process modelling), adaptive mobility assistance (indoor and outdoor), humanoid sports robotics (RoboCup), and natural man-environment-interaction.
Head of BAALL
+49 421 218 59834
Our Technical Expertise
- Real-time image processing, sensor fusion
- Localisation and safe navigation in 3D
- Interactive 3D modes, dual reality, living lab
- environment assistance (design methods, interoperability, safety)
- Formal modelling, deduction, verification
- User interaction (haptic, visual, natural language)
There 10 projects in this research area: