Welcome to SAMS!
During the SAMS project, a modul for computing safety zones depending on the velocity of moving robot has been implemented, and certified for use in safety systems up to SIL-3 according to IEC EN 61508.
The certification is based on a formal modelling of the domain, and a verification environment for MISRA-C programs built on top of the theorem prover Isabelle.
The project flyer gives a quick overview of the project (but it is in German). The final report summarizes the results, and this article, published in Autonomous Robots, gives an in-depth round-up of our scientific contributions.
- The project documents (all in German).
- The software developed during the project.
- The reports from TÜV.
- The SAMS verification environment developed during the project.
- Videos demonstrating the project result with the official demonstrator, the SAMSmobil.
- The project demonstrator: videos of the SAMSmobil.
- Videos showing our demonstrators (currently in production).
- The scientific papers published during the project.
SAMS (Sicherheitscomponente für autonome mobile Serviceroboter: safety component for autonomous mobile service robots) is a joint project by DFKI Bremen (project lead), Leuze electronic, and the University of Bremen, funded by a grant from the Federal Ministery of Eduction and Research. It has run from May 1st 2006 until August 31st 2009.